Information we collect
- Our website, mobile apps and services collect the information you voluntarily provide including:
- Your username and password
- Your name, address, e-mail address, phone numbers and other contact information
- Information that you provide to verify your identity such as your social security number
- The card number for any prepaid debit cards you use with our services
- The amount, payee and other details of checks that you capture using our mobile apps
- Information stored on your mobile device that you permit our mobile apps to access, such as images or contacts
- Our website, mobile apps and services may also automatically collect certain information including:
- Technical details about your computer and browser or mobile device
- The location and unique ID of your mobile device
- The sequence of links that you follow across our site or to or from our site
- The screens and features that you use in our mobile apps
- We may also collect or use third parties to collect additional information about you including:
- Background information about you
- Details of any transactions you conduct using our service
How we use the information we collect
- In general, we use the information that you provide for the purposes described when we collect it and to process transactions or provide other services to you.
- We also use the information you provide and information that we collect to improve our services, website and mobile apps, to manage risk associated with transactions, to assist you with customer service inquiries, and to detect and deter fraud.
- Our website, mobile apps and services may interact with or link to third party sites, mobile apps and services. We cannot control the how these third parties use any information that you choose to share with them. Please check the privacy notices and terms of service established by these sites, mobile apps and services.
Your privacy rights
What information we collect
We collect four main types of information when you visit this site or use the Ingo mobile apps: login information, usage data, invite requests, and customer and transaction information. In the normal course of browsing the site and using the Ingo mobile apps, we may also collect usage information such as your IP address, browser type, phone type, and device identifier, your physical location, language settings, and the URLs of any referring or exit pages. We can also keep track of how much time you spend on the site or on different screens of our mobile apps and any links you visit from the site or within the mobile apps.
When you request an invite, you have to provide us with your name and email address. When you sign up to use Ingo, we will ask you for your name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, social security number, and other information. You will also be asked to choose a Username and Password.
In order to deliver funds, customers have to provide us with the card number of a participating Prepaid Card. We may also request your online log in credentials to provide you with access within the Ingo mobile apps or website to your balance, transaction history and other information.
We collect information on each transaction you perform using Ingo. Transaction information includes time, dollar amount, check details, and funds destination (e.g., your prepaid card). We may also collect background and other information about you from reporting services, credit agencies, and social networks. By using our services you agree to our collecting this third party information.
When you use our mobile apps, we collect the information that you enter into the app and information already stored on your device that you permit the app to access. For example, you may give the app permission to access contacts stored on your device and the app may send that information to us. We may also automatically collect information about your location and certain technical information about your mobile device including its make and model, operating system version, and device identifier. Our mobile apps also contain analytics features that track how you use the application. These features periodically send information to us or our trusted analytics provider about the features and screens you access in the app and we use this information to improve the app.
Email, mailing lists, and other services
We use your email address to send you notices, provide information in connection with our services, and to respond to your inquiries. You may request that we stop sending you information by email by following the instructions in emails that we send to you. Some of our services require that we have your email address and use it to send notifications to you, and may become unavailable if you choose to no longer receive this information from us. We will not use your email address to send you any unsolicited message or information, nor will we share it with, or sell it to, anyone else for such use, other than as specified in this policy. We will not use your email address or other information to provide you with any unsolicited message or information (unless the message or information is part of the service you are requesting) without your prior consent.
Modifying your information
If you have provided us with information and would like to make changes to it or how we contact you, please get in touch with us by calling us at (866) 984-4357 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you end your Ingo membership, we will mark your membership in our database as “closed” but we will retain personal information from your account to collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, prevent fraud, enforce our User Agreement, or take other actions as required or permitted by law or this policy.
What we do with the information we collect
- We use invite request information to track how many people are interested in our services.
- If you complete the sign up process, we store your information in our secure servers and use the information to confirm your identity, process and review checks for approval that you submit to us, collect any checks that you present to us that are rejected or returned for insufficient funds or other reasons, identify potential fraud, report suspicious and other activity to applicable agencies, and provide access to our services.
- We use anonymous web usage information to analyze how people use our site and to help direct improvements for our site. We aggregate this information in a way that does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and other third-parties.
- We store and use your financial transaction information so that you can access it from our various services, websites, and mobile apps, to allow us to improve our services and provide services to you, to enhance security and identify suspicious activity and transactions, and to assist you with customer service inquires.
- If we or any of our affiliated companies or lines of business are acquired, we may transfer all of your information to the buyer along with other business assets. If any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered one of our assets and may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- We may share your personal information with third parties if required to do so by law, or if we believe such action is necessary in order to: (1) conform to the requirements of the law, regulations, and the requirements of government and regulatory agencies, (2) comply with any court order, regulatory directive, or other legal process; (3) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our website, or our users; or (4) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or violations of the terms and conditions for using our websites and services.
Affiliated businesses and links to other sites
We employ other companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf, such as (1) administering technical services, (2) sending emails, (3) providing marketing assistance, and (4) analyzing data. Some of these companies and individuals will have access to the personal information necessary to perform their services, but will not be permitted to use it for any other purpose.
How we protect your information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We encrypt personal information using appropriate encryption technologies. We consider security at all layers of our business and services, using secure technologies and physical and procedural safeguards to ensure the security of the information that we collect. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the internet. In particular, email may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
This is an American web site
This website is operated from within the United States and our mobile apps send information to computer servers in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us or enter into our mobile apps will be transferred to the United States. By using the website or mobile apps or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer.
We are not responsible for external web sites
How to contact us